We offer group and private instruction in traditional multitrack recording techniques including synthesis, sampling and beat creation. Students learn in our new in-house professional recording studio featuring top-quality equipment and the latest software systems. Recording students will learn:
- History of recording including analog systems
- Physics of sound and how that relates to recording
- Digital systems: A/D conversion, Sampling Rates, etc.
- multitrack recording and mixing
- EQ, compression and processing for the best possible sound
- MIDI, Synthesis, Sampling and sound design
- “Beat creation” utilizing a combination of MIDI and Audio recording
- Live sound techniques
Individuals may also schedule time to record within the studio at Kat’s Artist Tree. Artists may capture their original works, record vocals to a pre-recorded track or collaborate with others on an entire multi-track project.